Area Group Sales Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced sales professional with proven track record to join our team. You are an exceptional and passionate sales professional who has a hunger to seek out and win new business whilst raising the profile of the brand and the properties in the region. You are committed, ambitious and influential with the ability to use your unique mixture of skills, style and experience to consistently close profitable deals.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a leading lifestyle accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travellers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
– Develop and execute sales action plans to close on targeted accounts and or business within a market segment.
– Aggressively prospect, research and solicit group & event business, in assigned vertical markets
– Conduct site inspections, client visits, actively entertain, as well as plan and execute travel schedules to key feeder markets and tradeshows.
– Maintain positive relations and high visibility in relative business organizations. Promote the Hotel through regular industry involvement and exposure at local and/or national events.
– Comprehensive knowledge and awareness of the Hotel primary market, its surrounding areas and resources.
– Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
– Negotiate rates, create & issue negotiated group contracts
– Demonstrate excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning
– Deliver creative and impactful sales presentations, with excellent knowledge of all facets of the hotel and location.
– Responsible for maintaining minimum weekly activity goals as set by Director of Sales & Marketing.
– Keep up with overall market conditions (i.e. competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
– Captures competitor’s accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
– Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
– Develops strong client relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
– Develops client profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
– Promptly follows-up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
– Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
– Controls expenses while traveling on the property’s behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
Please note this role requires travel within the region and surrounding regions depending on business needs. Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Well versed in the hospitality industry
– Commercially savvy with a proven background to spot business opportunities
– A strong negotiator
– Knowledgeable of the local market
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– At least 2 years of experience in a similar position within the hospitality industry
– Organisational and prioritisation skills in order to meet reporting deadlines
– Strong team player with an enthusiasm to learn
– Good communication skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
– Hands-on attitude, with attention to detail
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn generous financial incentives for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any of our properties
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com