Bar-back - Freehand Chicago
We need an extraordinary and reliable bar-back to assist servers in any way possible to ensure proper, prompt and courteous service to all guests.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Bartender at the Freehand Chicago.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND CHICAGO
Welcome to Freehand’s second outpost! Designed by Manhattan-based Roman and Williams, the building celebrates the city’s Midwestern heritage with a string of evocative communal spaces and rooms located in the restored 1927 Art Deco building, set among the high-rises of the downtown River North neighbourhood – home to some of the city’s best art galleries, boutiques and restaurants. Featuring 217 rooms and amazing public spaces like Café Integral coffee and breakfast bar and the cozy Broken Shaker Bar, it’s a buzzing, busy space that represents the best of Freehand. Between the busy social calendar and the ever-changing makeup of guests and locals coming to play, it’s a particularly fun and fulfilling space for everyone in the Freehand Chicago team to work in.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Assist the Bartenders in maintaining a clean and welcoming environment, as well as providing guests stellar service.
– Responsible for ensuring a consistent flow of services to guest by assisting bartender with their job functions.
– Ensures bar and floors are clean and used glassware is removed from bar tops.
– Checks glass washers for proper chemical mixture and volume.
– Maintains soap and towels at hand sinks in all bars.
– Receives and delivers all products to appropriate outlet and stocks in accordance to specification.
– Stocks server wells in accordance to specifications with all product and supplies required.
– Ensure personal appearance is clean and professional
– Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets
– Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
– Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
– Perform other job duties as requested by Management
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Basic reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English Language
– Previous Food & Beverage and/or related experience helpful
– Excellent organizational skills
– Bi/Multi-Lingual a plus
– Ability to multitask and work efficiently
– Strong Communication Skills
– Able to handle a large volume of guest interactions in an efficient and courteous manner
– Work well under pressure, requires being a team player.
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
– Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
– Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
– Always provides a professional image through appearance and attire.
– Must have strong hospitality skills and communication skills to be able to interact with the public and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner in order to provide a high degree of service.
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check freehandhotels.com or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com