Bartender - Broken Shaker at Freehand Los Angeles
We need an experienced and highly customer focused Bartender to join our team. If you are motivated, organised, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Bartender at the Freehand Los Angeles.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND LOS ANGELES
Housed in the historic Commercial Exchange building, our hotel in downtown Los Angeles is truly one-of-a-kind, featuring suites, premium hotel rooms and shared accommodations with interiors designed by Roman & Williams. The property is a new and exciting presence in the downtown LA scene, offering the classic Freehand accommodation experience for guests, while also fully integrating into the local community with a calendar full of events and activations at the Broken Shaker rooftop bar and pool, Rudolph’s Bar & Tea bar, The Exchange Restaurant, and Cafe Integral. Situated in walking distance to local restaurants, bars, markets and hotspots, Freehand Los Angeles has a real buzz that makes it a pleasure to stay (and work) at.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and cocktails for bar customers
– Interacting with customers, taking orders and serving food where necessary
– Accurately and promptly fulfil guest orders and resolve guest complaints
– Provide the best service by understanding all aspects of product knowledge for the creation and dispense of drinks and table maintenance
– Maintain a consistent service, following company standards & procedures
– Be Responsible for all cash handling whilst you are on duty
– Know all statutory legislation and ensure H&S, Fire Safety and Food Hygiene compliance
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– A passion for trending Food and Drink concepts
– Demonstrate commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
– To be a great communicator and team player
– Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
– Ability to work under pressure
– Like getting your hands dirty, wherever, whenever, because you will
– Available to work when needed
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Previous experience behind the bar in a busy, fast-paced restaurant environment
– Solid knowledge of coffees, wines, liquor and champagnes
– Involvement in Cocktail development and training
– Stock and waste accountability
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick days/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com