29 Jul - Guide to Lollapalooza ’15
What happens when you throw thousands of music lovers into Grant Park for a three-day cultural experience? You get Lollapalooza! This year, the festival is kicking off with performances by Paul McCartney, The Weeknd, Flying Lotus, Metallica, Sam Smith, FKA Twigs and more. We’re Lollapalooza’s official hotel sponsor and because we love a good festival, we’re hooking you up with 15% off all festival weekends. We don’t want to leave you hanging, so here’s a complete guide to everything Lollapalooza 2015:
Attending the Festival:
– We suggest leaving your bag at home. The check-in lines tend to be a lengthy due to baggage check. Bagless concert goers can make their way to the Express Lane when entering the festival.
– Lollapalooza festival map is here.
– Personal lockers with cell phone charging stations are available for purchase here.
– You can bring up to two factory sealed bottles of water and refill them throughout the day at the FREE water filling stations.
– Tons of food vendors, so no need to worry about getting hungry during the party. See this year’s vendors here.
– There are ATMs on the festival grounds, and some vendors will accept credit cards. You can also go with the Lolla Cashless wristband and eliminate the use of cash/credit transactions. Please keep in mind that The Green Street Art Market only accepts cash & cards, so come prepared if you’d like to do some shopping.
– NO selfie sticks, tripods, professional video recording devices, coolers, glass/metal containers, outside food/bev, pets and chairs.
Tickets are sold out for all three days, but you can still get in on the Lolla vibes with an exciting lineup of activities. Check em’ out…
LollaShop – Grant Park
7/31 – 8/1, 9am-8pm: Get your Lolla gear on point at the official festival pop-up shop. (Free – Ticket Not Required)
Tattoos with Gold Ink – Freehand Chicago
7/31, 4-6pm: Add a little sparkle to your Lollapalooza look with free gold ink tattoos in the den. (Free)
BOAT – Big Once And Trentino – Beauty Bar
7/31, 9pm: 2 champions, 4 turntables, 3 mixers, 1 live ass show. (No Cover)
Palooza Pregame – Benchmark Chicago
8/1 & 8/2, 12pm: Hang with Benchmark Chicago on Saturday or Sunday (2-day passes also available) and receive 1 menu item + bloody mary & mimosa bar + shuttle bus to Grant Park @ 2PM and live streaming of Lollapalooza. ($35)
Lost Girls Vintage Pop-Up Shop – Freehand Chicago
8/1 & 8/2, 12pm: Your one stop shop for all things vintage is at the Lost Girls Vintage pop-up! Come get your festival attire on point.
uNite Lolla Pre-Party Bottomless Brunch Buffet – Lizzie McNeill’s
8/1, 11:30am: Get your endless eat on before heading to Grant Park for a full day of music. ($35)
Flower Crown Workshop w/ Fox Glove Studio – Freehand Chicago
8/1, 12-3pm: Jazz up your ‘do with a free flower crown workshop with our friends Fox Glove Studio. (Free)
Indie-Pendent Dance Party w/ Sebastien Grainger – Beauty Bar
8/1, 9pm: Join Beauty Bar for after-party jams with DJ Greg Corner & Sebastien Grainger of Death From Above 1979. ($5)
Sailor Jerry Pop-Up Barbershop
8/1, 5pm: Platinum Jay will be in the den hooking you up with complimentary cuts and shaves. Broken Shaker Chicago will keep the Sailor Jerry cocktails flowing until 10PM!
Moon Taxi Hangout – Freehand Chicago
8/1, 10:45pm – 12am: If you didn’t get enough of the awesome Lolla lineup, we’re heading back to the Freehand den after the concert for an intimate listening session with Moon Taxi. (No Cover)
Braid Bar w/ Glowout – Freehand Chicago
8/2, 12-3pm: Head to the final day of Lollapalooza in style! Glowout will be in the den hooking you and your crew up with fabulous festival braids. (Free)
Couldn’t snag tixs to Lolla this year, stream the entire festival here.