Busser - Freehand Chicago
To assist servers in any way possible to ensure proper, prompt and courteous service to all guests.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Busser at the Freehand Chicago.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND CHICAGO
Welcome to Freehand’s second outpost! Designed by Manhattan-based Roman and Williams, the building celebrates the city’s Midwestern heritage with a string of evocative communal spaces and rooms located in the restored 1927 Art Deco building, set among the high-rises of the downtown River North neighbourhood – home to some of the city’s best art galleries, boutiques and restaurants. Featuring 217 rooms and amazing public spaces like Café Integral coffee and breakfast bar and the cozy Broken Shaker Bar, it’s a buzzing, busy space that represents the best of Freehand. Between the busy social calendar and the ever-changing makeup of guests and locals coming to play, it’s a particularly fun and fulfilling space for everyone in the Freehand Chicago team to work in.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Assist the Restaurant Servers in maintaining a clean and welcoming environment, as well as providing guests stellar service.
– Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all service ware.
– Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
– Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
– Answer questions on menu selections
– Ensure personal appearance is clean and professional
– Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets
– Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
– Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
– Perform other job duties as requested by Management
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Basic reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English Language
– Excellent organizational skills
– Bi/Multi-Lingual a plus
– Ability to multitask and work efficiently
– Strong Communication Skills
– Able to handle a large volume of guest interactions in an efficient and courteous manner
– Work well under pressure, requires being a team player
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Previous Food & Beverage and/or related experience helpful
– Must demonstrate an ability to work in an organized and efficient manner
– Must demonstrate an ability to work with limited supervision
– Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers and staff
– Must present a clean and appropriate image
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com