A Message To Our Freehand Family
We at Freehand have always prioritized the guest experience, both socially and in terms of comfort and hygiene, to develop a product that set us apart in the hospitality industry. In light of the ever changing situation with regards to COVID-19, we have a duty of care to our guests, visitors and staff to ensure safety, transparency and flexibility in what is proving to be exceptional, difficult circumstances.
Like the rest of the hospitality industry, we're currently following all procedural advice as supplied to us via the WHO, the CDC and local government, adjusting operational systems and cancellation policies as the situation develops.
Bookings and cancellations
At this moment in time, we recognize the need to alleviate stress for our guests by offering flexibility for those affected by closed borders and states of emergency, and we are regularly updating our cancellation policy to accommodate those affected by these unprecedented circumstances. Please have a look at our FAQ section on each hotel webpages for more details.
Our intention, as always, is to ensure the comfort and happiness of you, our guests. As such, we have introduced new flexible booking conditions for all future bookings giving you the freedom and piece of mind to make changes if you need to. We are also introducing some exciting new packages that you can find in our Offers section on the website.
Your stay at Freehand - our safety promise
We want to reassure you that you will be taken care of and kept in a safe, healthy environment when you stay with us. As such we are doing everything in our power to ensure that all premises are kept to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and that emergency protocols are ready to be enacted should we be alerted to a case of COVID-19 at any of our hotels.
As such we have implemented the following changes to our operations across all our hotels:
1. We encourage all individual guests to check in online – details of the check process will be sent to you upon confirmation of your booking. Whilst our front desks will be operational (albeit with protective screens) we are trying to ensure that contact is kept to a minimum and have also introduced touch screen check in technology.
2. We will be practicing social distancing both in our public areas and rooms – new signage will guide you through the hotel and in shared accommodation every second bed will be kept empty.
3. Any food and beverage offerings will be based on grab and go concepts.
4. Deep cleaning throughout our hotels has been increased and is in line with standards recommended by local authorities.
5. To ensure that all the above measures are enforced, we are working with well renowned certified hospitality hygiene provider ECOLAB who have developed a global program in partnership with Lobster Ink that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness, sanitising and disinfection training for all team members.
6. Masks and other hygiene products will be available for purchase in our travel shops and vending machines.
7. Finally, we are also adhering to the global health certification ‘Safe Travels’ issued by the World Travel & Tourism Council in recognition of our new standards and team training.
You will also find more advice from us on steps that you should take prior to making your journey on your confirmation email allowing you to prepare as best you can before leaving home.
Wishing you all good health, and looking forward to seeing you!
CEO, Freehand hotels