F&B Host - Freehand Chicago
We need an exceptional and passionate Host to join our team. You will be responsible for seating guests and managing table set-ups to deliver an excellent guest experience. This position will also be required to work in all areas of Food and Beverage.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome F&B Host at the Freehand Chicago.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND CHICAGO
Welcome to Freehand’s second outpost! Designed by Manhattan-based Roman and Williams, the building celebrates the city’s Midwestern heritage with a string of evocative communal spaces and rooms located in the restored 1927 Art Deco building, set among the high-rises of the downtown River North neighbourhood – home to some of the city’s best art galleries, boutiques and restaurants. Featuring 217 rooms and amazing public spaces like Café Integral coffee and breakfast bar and the cozy Broken Shaker Bar, it’s a buzzing, busy space that represents the best of Freehand. Between the busy social calendar and the ever-changing makeup of guests and locals coming to play, it’s a particularly fun and fulfilling space for everyone in the Freehand Chicago team to work in.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner.
– Treats all guests/patrons in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed expectations.
– Coordinate seating for guests.
– Takes guest/patron information and quotes wait times accurately when space is not immediately available.
– Interacts with guests/patrons as they arrive and as they leave the area to ensure positive lounge experience.
– Manage table set-ups
– Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
– Ensure cleanliness of work areas
– Performs other duties as requested by management.
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Enthusiastic, positive attitude, highly motivated and guest driven
– Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
– Flexible and able to work various shifts, ability to work in high pressure situations
– Excellent grooming standards
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Hospitality and Customer service.
– Previous Food and Beverage Experience a plus
– Knowledge of food hygiene regulations
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com