Front Office Agent - Freehand Los Angeles
At Freehand we are obsessed in delivering outstanding service through a personal touch. As a Front Office Agent, you must be part of ensuring that the Front Office department is run smoothly ensuring that there is a relentless desire to “wow” our customers at every opportunity, ensuring that customers’ needs are exceeded.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Front Office Agent for our Freehand Hotel in Los Angeles.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND LOS ANGELES
Housed in the historic Commercial Exchange building, our hotel in downtown Los Angeles is truly one-of-a-kind, featuring suites, premium hotel rooms and shared accommodations with interiors designed by Roman & Williams. The property is a new and exciting presence in the downtown LA scene, offering the classic Freehand accommodation experience for guests, while also fully integrating into the local community with a calendar full of events and activations at the Broken Shaker rooftop bar and pool, Rudolph’s Bar & Tea bar, The Exchange Restaurant, and Cafe Integral. Situated in walking distance to local restaurants, bars, markets and hotspots, Freehand Los Angeles has a real buzz that makes it a pleasure to stay (and work) at.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Take ownership of the guest journey to ensure that you continuously raise the bar and create a truly unique Generator experience
– Know your guests and have a passion for independent travel and the road less travelled
– Demonstrate a passion for delivering outstanding customer service
– Be part of a great team within your department that get Generator and want to be themselves
– Monitor our social spaces, lighting, sound and temperature, to make sure they embody the Generator brand and culture at all times
– Know your city, its cafés, bars and restaurants, its art, its music
– Ensure you comply with all company policies you have been trained on, which include Fire Training and Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
– Be Responsible for all cash handling whilst you are on duty
– Correctly administer the Close of Shift procedures every shift with 100% accuracy and consistency
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Always love our guests
– Passionate for the hospitality and the youth travel market
– Be the life the party
– Be really, really organised
– Keep cool when the pressure hits
– Enjoy a super-fast pace
– Understand this is a business, be passionate about maximising revenue
– Be creative, innovative and digitally smart
– You must be eligible to work in the USA to be considered for this role
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Experienced within a front office hospitality environment
– Experienced working with a Property Management System
– Flexible with regards to shifts available per week (mixture of morning and evening shifts)
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across US & Europe so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick days/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com