Group Sales Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced sales professional with proven track record to join our team. You are an exceptional and passionate sales professional who has a hunger to seek out and win new business whilst raising the profile of the brand and the properties in the region. You are committed, ambitious and influential with the ability to use your unique mixture of skills, style and experience to consistently close profitable deals.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a leading lifestyle accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Association and Convention Group Specialist. Strong Working relationship with Housing Bureaus, Convention Center and Association Planners, SMERF Group.
– Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone/email prospecting, sales calls, site inspections, and written communication.
– Meet/exceed KPIs as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
– Follows up promptly on leads generated by the Global Sales offices, Cvent, Destination Marketing Organizations, NY & Co, Javitis Convention Center and any other lead generating source.
– Assist in the development and implementation of quarterly Sales Action Plans.
– Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours, and site inspections.
– Coordinate and participate in blitzes, expositions, fairs, familiarization trips, site inspections, and other relevant activities, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
– Schedules group rooms, conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
– Be able to analyze market conditions and account specific data to determine current account status and alter individual account strategies, as needed.
– Meet or exceed weekly, quarterly and annual sales goals, KPI’s, solicitation goals and initiatives.
– Develop, actively solicit, and map group business accounts per defined territory.
– Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
Please note this role requires travel within the region and surrounding regions depending on business needs. Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Well versed in the hospitality industry
– Commercially savvy with a proven background to spot business opportunities
– A strong negotiator
– Knowledgeable of the local market
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– At least 2 years of experience in a similar position within the hospitality industry
– Organisational and prioritisation skills in order to meet reporting deadlines
– Strong team player with an enthusiasm to learn
– Good communication skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
– Hands-on attitude, with attention to detail
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn generous financial incentives for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any of our properties
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org