Housekeeping Manager - New York
We need an exceptional and passionate Housekeeping Manager to join our team. If you are an inspiring leader and communicator, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience & be a part of Europe’s fastest moving, ground-breaking, lifestyle & hospitality brand.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Assistant Director of Finance for our sales office in the big apple.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND NEW YORK
Located in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, Freehand New York is housed in the former George Washington Hotel—once home to many storied writers, musicians and creatives. Designed by Roman and Williams and featuring custom-commissioned artwork by Bard College students and alumni throughout, we’re revitalizing the artistic community in a historic NY neighbourhood. Conveniently situated in the Flatiron District, Freehand New York has a vibrancy that starts with the guests in the rooms and public spaces and is complemented by the locals frequenting the George Washington Bar and Broken Shaker rooftop Bar, enjoying the regular events and activations. It’s this energy that sets Freehand apart in the city, and it empowers the team working at the property just as much as it does the guests passing through.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Oversees the daily operations of the Housekeeping department, including bedrooms and public areas, ensuring they are maintained and consistent with company standards
– Respond to all guest requests and guest opportunities in a timely and efficient manner to ensure guest satisfaction
– Be commercially aware, understanding the importance of working within costs & departmental budgets
– Dealing with suppliers of linen, cleaning materials and guest supplies
– Oversees the repair and service requests for maintenance issues; ensures all service work is completed in a timely manner
– Take accountability for managing laundry and labour controls
– Have an eye for detail and ensure brand standards are adhered to
– Manage, train and inspire the team, driving performance through hands on leadership
– Facilitate the flow of information throughout the department, by organising regular handovers and team meetings
– Demonstrate knowledge of health and safety compliance inclusive of COSHH. Manage all audit processes to a high standard, ensuring 100% Health and Safety compliance throughout the hotel.
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Must be highly customer focused with excellent communication skills
– Must be highly organised and well versed in completing paperwork
– Will be an excellent team player whilst having first class attention to detail
– Possess the ability to keep staff motivated during long and demanding shift
– Flexible approach towards working hours.
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– 3 years’ experience in a similar position in the hospitality industry
– Working knowledge in all aspects of Housekeeping Department
– Experience with PMS hotel systems.
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 18 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools.
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com