We are currently looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team at Freehand Los Angeles. The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the day-to-day culinary operations of the kitchen.
– Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of the staff
– Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
– Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
– Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, an dare prepared to serve in a timely manner
– Assume the role as Executive Check in their absence
– Assure adherence to all standard of food quality preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
– Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
– Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
– Additional duties as requested by management or ownership
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
– Responsible for evaluating the financial impact on business of department decisions
– Ensures that all levels of management are promptly notified of any to operations
– Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits
– Enthusiastic, highly motivated and guest driven
– Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
– Flexible and able to work various shifts, ability to work in high pressure situations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum 4 years cooking experience and 2 years experience in a culinary leadership role preferred
– Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
– Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns and issues.
– Must be able to communicate clearly with manager, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests
– Must be able to prioritize.
– Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
– Must have experience calculating figures and amounts and performing basic mathematical functions
– Must be fluent in English, another language a plus
Food Handling Certifications
– Long hours sometimes required.
– Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long period of time, and work long hours in hot conditions
– Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform and other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
Qualified candidates should submit the following information:
– Current updated resume
– Please include position being applied for in the subject line
– No phone calls please
Employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Sous Chef
Department: Food and Beverage
Responsible to: Executive Chef
Effective Date: December 2020