We are currently looking for an experienced Engineer to join our team at Freehand Miami. You will play a key role in maintaining and preserving the internal and external structure of the building deteriorated by users wear and tear influenced by weathering elements. If you are a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience. Be a part of Europe’s fastest moving, groundbreaking, lifestyle & hospitality brand.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome CRO Manager for our Central Reservations Office in Chicago.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND MIAMI
Talk about location – our OG Freehand hotel in Miami is the spot that has it all! It’s a 5-minute walk from Miami Beach, and less than 1 mile from the nightlife of South Beach and features modern comforts like an outdoor terrace with a pool, two craft cocktail bars, a seasonal restaurant, and breakfast served daily. It’s both an escape from the bustle of the strip and an ideal access point to the best of the city. A full calendar of social events and fun activations are complemented by sun, sea and sand, making the OG Freehand a pleasure to stay at for guests, and a pleasure to work at for everyone in the team.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Maintain the overall appearance of the building, replacing broken lamps, bedroom fixtures & fittings, carrying out general repairs & maintaining high standards to decor & paintwork etc. throughout the building
– Perform preventive maintenance throughout all areas of the premise, including both front and back of house and rooms, interior and exterior
– To ensure that all tasks relating to guest comfort, guest satisfaction or the impression the guest receives of the hotel must be treated with utmost priority
– Maintain all safety and asset register records at all times
– Take responsibility for all equipment onsite ensuring that it is maintained and ready for use at all times
– Have a comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure that you comply with all statutory local legislation and regulation, in particular, H&S, building regulations and Fire Safety
– Ensure that our social spaces embody the Generator brand and culture
– To maintain a good working relationship with your colleagues creating a team that works well together and with other departments
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Hands-on attitude, with attention to detail
– To be able to lead and inspire people to be their best
– To be a great communicator, people manager and motivator
– Be eligible to work in the EU to be considered for this role
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Proven experience in a similar role
– Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
– Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 15 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 holidays
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 5 sick days & 2 personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (subsidised contributions)
– Voluntary AD&D/Life
– Commuter Benefits
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’d be a good fit at Freehand.
If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages. We look forward to hearing from you!