DIRECTOR OF SALES
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Director of Sales with proven track record to join our team. The Director of Sales is an exceptional and passionate sales professional who has a hunger to seek out and win new business whilst raising the profile of the brand and the properties in the region. You are committed, ambitious and influential with the ability to use your unique mixture of skills, style and experience to consistently close profitable deals.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a shared accommodation lifestyle brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome CRO Manager for our Central Reservations Office in New York City
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, each one of our hotels in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND NEW YORK
Located in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, Freehand New York is housed in the former George Washington Hotel—once home to many storied writers, musicians and creatives. Designed by Roman and Williams and featuring custom-commissioned artwork by Bard College students and alumni throughout, we’re revitalizing the artistic community in a historic NY neighbourhood.
Conveniently situated in the Flatiron District, Freehand New York has a vibrancy that starts with the guests in the rooms and public spaces and is complemented by the locals frequenting the George Washington Bar and Broken Shaker rooftop Bar, enjoying the regular events and activations. It’s this energy that sets Freehand apart in the city, and it empowers the team working at the property just as much as it does the guests passing through.
NUTS & BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Report to the General Manager whilst receiving strong support from the Head of Sales
– Personally identify, pro-actively seek out, take ownership and continually deliver new business opportunities across key market segments focussing on direct and indirect Leisure groups as well as key corporate clients
– Build long term, commercially beneficial relationships within your market
– Understand, develop and follow company and sales specific practices
– Spend time with customers supporting their accommodation, F&B and event needs
– Report in a timely, consistent and professional manner on account and personal performance
– Collect, review, analyse market and revenue data in order to plan and execute strategic plans
– Plan, organise and manage a proactive and efficient business sales calendar
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Experienced in the hospitality leisure market (resort or leisure destination)
– Commercially savvy with a proven background to spot business opportunities
– A strong negotiator
– Knowledgeable of the local market
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– At least 2 year of experience in a similar position within the hospitality industry
– Organisational and prioritisation skills in order to meet strict reporting deadlines
– Strong team player with an enthusiasm to learn
– Good communication skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
– Hands-on attitude, with attention to detail
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 15 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.