Night auditor - Part-time - Freehand Miami
We are looking for an experienced Overnight Auditor who will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the hotel and its guests, while providing exceptional levels of service to all customers during check-in, check-out and throughout their stay. If you are motivated, organised, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Night Auditor on a part-time basis for our Freehand Hotel in Miami.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND MIAMI
Talk about location – our OG Freehand hotel in Miami is the spot that has it all! It’s a 5-minute walk from Miami Beach, and less than 1 mile from the nightlife of South Beach and features modern comforts like an outdoor terrace with a pool, two craft cocktail bars, a seasonal restaurant, and breakfast served daily. It’s both an escape from the bustle of the strip and an ideal access point to the best of the city. A full calendar of social events and fun activations are complemented by sun, sea and sand, making the OG Freehand a pleasure to stay at for guests, and a pleasure to work at for everyone in the team.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– In the absence of the Night Manager, take overall responsibility for the hostel operation during nights including all legal requirements, ensuring all hostel procedures are adhered to and implemented as and when required
– Supervision of accurate and efficient Reception operations, supporting and training Team Members in handling guest request and inquiries
– Demonstration of positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards
– Conscientiously answer questions and assist our guests in the Generator way
– Ensure everything is in order for a smooth handover to day team
– Support security within hostel to ensure our guests are safe and sound
– Inform and serve/sell guests what’s available in our café and travel shop
– Be responsible for all cash handling whilst you are on duty
– Correctly administer the End of Day procedures every shift with 100% accuracy and consistency
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Passionate for hospitality and the youth travel market
– Passionate for delivering excellent customer service
– Take ownership of the guest journey to ensure that we create a truly unique Generator experience
– Strong leadership skills with ability to coach, mentor, train and develop crew members
– Communicate effectively and appropriately in all directions so that the team understands its goals and is motivated to achieve them
– Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
– Ability to work under pressure
– Like getting your hands dirty, wherever, whenever, because you will
– Be an excellent communicator
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Experience working within the hospitality/service industry
– Appropriate experience gained in all main tasks
– Ability to work quickly in a high-pressure & fast paced environment
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com