Operations director - Freehand Miami
We need an exceptional and passionate leader to join our Freehand team in Miami. If you are an inspiring leader and communicator, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Reservations Agent for our Miami property.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND MIAMI
Talk about location – our OG Freehand hotel in Miami is the spot that has it all! It’s a 5-minute walk from Miami Beach, and less than 1 mile from the nightlife of South Beach and features modern comforts like an outdoor terrace with a pool, two craft cocktail bars, a seasonal restaurant, and breakfast served daily. It’s both an escape from the bustle of the strip and an ideal access point to the best of the city. A full calendar of social events and fun activations are complemented by sun, sea and sand, making the OG Freehand a pleasure to stay at for guests, and a pleasure to work at for everyone in the team.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Assist Area General Manager in managing daily operations
– Fully integrate events programming to create genuine lifestyle experiences
– The employee will be expected to work in all operational areas of the property such as F&B and Maintenance when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
– Ensure positive, safe and profitable working
– Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded
– Exceed the budgeted property P&L and be commercially savvy in exploring new revenue streams
– Foster a commercial way of thinking and create an efficiency culture
– Control payroll and all cost of sales with a strict and robust stock management system
Implement contest and upselling objectives to achieve company help goals.
– Maintaining a positive work environment. Treating employees fairly, consistently, and with respect. Recognizing and rewarding excellent performance. Encouraging and promoting teamwork. Setting a positive example for all team members.
– Conducting and/or participating in regular employee meetings
– Making sound decisions and identifying problems and offering solutions when dealing with team members and guest
– Maintaining daily processes and checklists
– Ensuring the property is prepared always for audits, has full knowledge of all standards for the brand
– Enforcing all safety policies in the restaurant and promoting safety through safety committee meetings regularly.
– Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills Is committed to making every guest happy.
– Listening and responding promptly to guest complaints
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– True passion for food and hospitality is a must
– Must be a self-starter, take initiative to continuously learn and grow
– Must have working knowledge and understanding of Word, Excel, Microsoft Office
– Micros experience is preferred
– Prior training, recruiting, and onboarding experience is preferred
– Strong initiative and work ethic
– Strong attention to detail
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Possess a Food Management Certification
– Appropriate experience in the field of Bars and Restaurants, preferably within a lifestyle concept
– Some years of experience in managing large F&B operations with multiple outlets is essential
– A passion for trending Food and Drink concepts in your city and elsewhere
– Possess up to date with food and beverages best practices
– Accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly
– High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
– Complete fluency in English
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 19 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
OUR LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 holidays
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 5 sick days & 2 personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (subsidised contributions)
– Voluntary AD&D/Life
– Commuter Benefits
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com