Operations Manager - New York
An exciting opportunity has become available with this innovative and growing business in the form of an Operations Manager for our US portfolio of Generator & Freehand hotels. The position will based with our US central team in New York and will work with the US properties to support the operations for the US region. The role reports to the VP of Operations US.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Assistant Director of Finance for our sales office in the big apple.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND NEW YORK
Located in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, Freehand New York is housed in the former George Washington Hotel—once home to many storied writers, musicians and creatives. Designed by Roman and Williams and featuring custom-commissioned artwork by Bard College students and alumni throughout, we’re revitalizing the artistic community in a historic NY neighbourhood. Conveniently situated in the Flatiron District, Freehand New York has a vibrancy that starts with the guests in the rooms and public spaces and is complemented by the locals frequenting the George Washington Bar and Broken Shaker rooftop Bar, enjoying the regular events and activations. It’s this energy that sets Freehand apart in the city, and it empowers the team working at the property just as much as it does the guests passing through.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– As the Operations Manager you will be a ’Brand Ambassador’ & support us in building brilliant teams who can deliver an exceptional experience in a market leading product offering the best possible experience for our guests.
– Support the GM’s & property teams across all brands to comply and exceed company brand service standards, ensuring guest satisfaction, colleague satisfaction, financial goals & responsible business/legal targets are met whilst ensuring the smooth running and robust strategic direction of the company
– Help create a culture of empowerment, accountability, and agility to successfully deliver company KPIs
– Monitor overall performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions
– Support and implement cost control measures across all operational departments
– Support VP Operations US to maintain, review and revise the concept and menus in all our fabulous F&B outlets as well as supporting and reviewing procurement standards centrally
– Work with the GMs to ensure there is a PPM schedule in place to ensure our portfolio is well maintained and in great condition
– Support the properties with Health & Safety and Risk management to provide a positive and safe environment for both our teams and guests as well as ensuring all local regulatory, compliance and legal rules are followed
– Review, and train our operational SOPs across the company – ensuring that they are updated on an on-going basis in line with business and local requirements and legislation.
– Support the commercial departments on promotions and activities both locally and from a corporate level
– Support properties commercially to monetize all spaces within our properties
– Setting up group wide and local promotions and monitor the successes and challenges
– Roll out projects – involving several departments, C-suite, and external stakeholders
– System driven to maintain and implement POS and PMS systems
– Oversee, train and review on all guest reputation platforms across the portfolio
– Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership team
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 18 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools.
Employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org