Overnight Manager - Freehand New York
We are looking for an experienced Overnight Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the hotel and its guests during the night, while providing exceptional levels of service to all customers during check-in, check-out and throughout their stay. If you are motivated, organised, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience & be a part of Europe’s fastest moving, ground-breaking, lifestyle & hospitality brand.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Barista at Freehand Los Angeles.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND NEW YORK
Located in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, Freehand New York is housed in the former George Washington Hotel—once home to many storied writers, musicians and creatives. Designed by Roman and Williams and featuring custom-commissioned artwork by Bard College students and alumni throughout, we’re revitalizing the artistic community in a historic NY neighbourhood. Conveniently situated in the Flatiron District, Freehand New York has a vibrancy that starts with the guests in the rooms and public spaces and is complemented by the locals frequenting the George Washington Bar and Broken Shaker rooftop Bar, enjoying the regular events and activations. It’s this energy that sets Freehand apart in the city, and it empowers the team working at the property just as much as it does the guests passing through.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Overall responsibility for the hostel operation during nights including all legal requirements, ensuring all hostel procedures are adhered to and implemented as and when required
– Responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient Reception operations, supporting and training Team Members in handling guest request and inquiries
– Demonstration of positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards
– Ensure everything is in order for a smooth handover to day team
– Support security within hostel to ensure our guests are safe and sound
– Inform and serve/sell guests what’s available in our café and travel shop
– Be responsible for all cash handling whilst you are on duty
– Correctly administer the End of Day procedures every shift with 100% accuracy and consistency
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Passionate for hospitality and the youth travel market
– Passionate for delivering excellent customer service
– Take ownership of the guest journey to ensure that we create a truly unique Generator experience
– Strong leadership skills with ability to coach, mentor, train and develop crew members
– Communicate effectively and appropriately in all directions so that the team understands its goals and is motivated to achieve them
– Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
– Ability to work under pressure
– Like getting your hands dirty, wherever, whenever, because you will
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– A sound knowledge of Health & Safety including Fire Safety
– Previous Night Duty Manager experience
– Appropriate experience gained in a similar role
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick days/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org