Reservations Agent - Freehand Los Angeles
We need an exceptional and passionate Reservations Agent to join us. If you are an inspiring and good communicator, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big, then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Reservations Agent for our Miami property.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND LOS ANGELES
Housed in the historic Commercial Exchange building, our hotel in downtown Los Angeles is truly one-of-a-kind, featuring suites, premium hotel rooms and shared accommodations with interiors designed by Roman & Williams. The property is a new and exciting presence in the downtown LA scene, offering the classic Freehand accommodation experience for guests, while also fully integrating into the local community with a calendar full of events and activations at the Broken Shaker rooftop bar and pool, Rudolph’s Bar & Tea bar, The Exchange Restaurant, and Cafe Integral. Situated in walking distance to local restaurants, bars, markets and hotspots, Freehand Los Angeles has a real buzz that makes it a pleasure to stay (and work) at.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Be responsible for managing Reservation enquiries for both Groups and Individual travellers
– Respond to e-mail and telephone enquiries in a positive and personalised manner ensuring the best customer service at all times
– Work in partnership with your reservations team colleagues to manage a portfolio of accounts that generate revenue for Generator
– Assist with the management of allocations, free sale and overbookings for the property
– Undertake all daily reservations checks to verify bookings, take payments, check deposits and validate prepayments
– Follow up on no-shows and cancellations to ensure all charges are collected and bed availability is updated
– Build long term, commercially beneficial relationships with your customers
– Understand and follow company and reservations specific practices
– Familiarise yourself with daily rates, special offers, and other information that has been communicated to ensure consistency within the team
– Promote and up-sell Generator Hostel facilities, beds and other revenue generating services as effectively as possible at every opportunity
– Communicate effectively and appropriately with all the other departments within Generator
– Make sure you remain up to date with all local, national and international trends
– Be part of the guest journey to ensure that we create a truly unique Generator experience
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Be an excellent communicator
– Be highly commercial
– Be creative, innovative and a digitally smart
– Demonstrate a passion for delivering excellent customer service
– Have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for what you do
– Have ability to build effective working relationships at all levels with diverse groups of colleagues in a way that appears natural and effortless
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Have previous hotel reservations experience (2 years minimum)
– Experienced in working within a fast moving and dynamic Reservations environment
– Familiar with reservations for Groups, Online Travel Agencies, Wholesale and Individual bookings
– Commercially savvy to spot business opportunities and in-house upselling
– Knowledgeable of local market, the accommodation market, the specific selling points with the area
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Reservation Channels (online booking sites)
– Familiar with PMS systems, MEWS PMS would be an advantage
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 19 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
OUR LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 holidays
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick / personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (subsidised contributions)
– Voluntary AD&D/Life
– Commuter Benefits
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org