Restaurant Manager - Freehand Los Angeles
We need an exceptional and passionate leader to join our Food & Beverage team. If you are an inspiring leader and communicator, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome restaurant manager at the Freehand Los Angeles.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND LOS ANGELES
Housed in the historic Commercial Exchange building, our hotel in downtown Los Angeles is truly one-of-a-kind, featuring suites, premium hotel rooms and shared accommodations with interiors designed by Roman & Williams. The property is a new and exciting presence in the downtown LA scene, offering the classic Freehand accommodation experience for guests, while also fully integrating into the local community with a calendar full of events and activations at the Broken Shaker rooftop bar and pool, Rudolph’s Bar & Tea bar, The Exchange Restaurant, and Cafe Integral. Situated in walking distance to local restaurants, bars, markets and hotspots, Freehand Los Angeles has a real buzz that makes it a pleasure to stay (and work) at.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Responsible for the overall running of the Food & Beverage areas ensuring an efficient and effective operation
– Develop and train all employees within your charge in order that they perform to the required standard
– Strive at all times for 100% customer satisfaction
– Have a knack for activating spaces, making sure every square metre of space is monetised
– Fully integrate events programming to create genuine lifestyle experiences
– Make social local to ensure our locals knows us and loves us
– Partner with the right suppliers to curate the food, coffee and craft beer experience
– Know and respect your employees’ rights
– Exceed the budgeted departmental P&L and be commercially savvy in exploring new revenue streams
– Control payroll and all cost of sales with a strict and robust stock management system
– Know all statutory legislation and ensure H&S, Fire Safety and Food Hygiene compliance.
– Support and promote Social Hygiene
– Communicate effectively so that the team understands its goals and is motivated to achieve them
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– A passion for trending Food and Drink concepts in local market and elsewhere
– To have impeccable honesty
– To be able to lead and inspire people to be their best
– To be a great communicator, people manager and motivator
– To be highly commercial and always keep us legal
– To be creative, innovative and digitally smart
– Curate the customer journey
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Appropriate experience in the field of Bars and Restaurants, preferably within a lifestyle concept
– Some years of experience in managing large F&B operations with multiple outlets
– Complete fluency in English
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick days/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org