Revenue Manager - New York
An exciting opportunity has become available with this innovative and growing business in the form of a Revenue Manager for our US portfolio of Generator & Freehand hotels. The position will based with our US central team in New York and will work with the US properties and Revenue Management Office based out of Frankfurt, Germany to manage the revenue function for the US region alongside the Senior Revenue Manager for US. The role reports to the Global Head of Revenue Management with a close working relationship with VP Commercial US.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Assistant Director of Finance for our sales office in the big apple.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND NEW YORK
Located in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, Freehand New York is housed in the former George Washington Hotel—once home to many storied writers, musicians and creatives. Designed by Roman and Williams and featuring custom-commissioned artwork by Bard College students and alumni throughout, we’re revitalizing the artistic community in a historic NY neighbourhood. Conveniently situated in the Flatiron District, Freehand New York has a vibrancy that starts with the guests in the rooms and public spaces and is complemented by the locals frequenting the George Washington Bar and Broken Shaker rooftop Bar, enjoying the regular events and activations. It’s this energy that sets Freehand apart in the city, and it empowers the team working at the property just as much as it does the guests passing through.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– As a Revenue Manager, you will be confident in dealing with people, experienced in executing strategies to grow the business and possess a warm and friendly personality.
– The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following duties:
– Report to the Head of Revenue Management and work closely with the VP Commercial US, Sales and Reservation teams of the properties you are looking after
– Produce annual budget per segment per day; participate in the process of delivering the annual rooms plan
– Analyse reports and data to develop winning revenue management strategies to outperform your competitive set
– Maximise total revenue of the property through business mix optimisation and rate manipulation
– Deliver weekly, monthly and annual reports, or any ad hoc reports, subject to management guidelines
– Forecast daily demand per market segment for your property and provide supporting commentary to the management
– Manage the overbooking strategy for the hostel to maximise occupancy levels
– Monitor and control all functions of the revenue management system and the accuracy of the reporting solution
– Liaise with Finance team to support financial analysis in market segmentation and distribution channel mix trends
– Be commercially savvy in exploring new distribution channels and technology partners for Generator
– Coach and develop the technical skill set of the commercial team
– Take the initiative to proactively adapt strategy and tactics in changing market conditions
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 18 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools.
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org