Sales Coordinator - Freehand New York
We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Sales Managers and Director(s) while being familiar with all aspects of the sales process.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Sales Coordinator for our sales office in the big apple.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND NEW YORK
Located in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, Freehand New York is housed in the former George Washington Hotel—once home to many storied writers, musicians and creatives. Designed by Roman and Williams and featuring custom-commissioned artwork by Bard College students and alumni throughout, we’re revitalizing the artistic community in a historic NY neighbourhood. Conveniently situated in the Flatiron District, Freehand New York has a vibrancy that starts with the guests in the rooms and public spaces and is complemented by the locals frequenting the George Washington Bar and Broken Shaker rooftop Bar, enjoying the regular events and activations. It’s this energy that sets Freehand apart in the city, and it empowers the team working at the property just as much as it does the guests passing through.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Develop strong product knowledge of hotel’s features & benefits (amenities, services, and attributes).
– Develop strong working knowledge of hotel systems including MEWS, SalesForce Delphi, Payroll, etc.
– Have basic knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts, and promotions.
– Develop strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous, and ethical interpersonal interaction.
– Work with sales team to achieve assigned sales team goals (Entertainment, Corporate, and Group).
– Answer sales office phones. Respond to all sales inquiries (phone, email, fax, web) accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
– Maintain well documented, accurate, organized, and up-to-date file management to serve the client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
– Assist with market research to identify opportunities, need dates and demand generating events.
– Assist with site inspections, property tours and client entertainment.
– Running of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
– Maintain departmental reports on a weekly/monthly basis in support of the Director of Sales.
– Maintain the various Sales file systems, both electronic and paper, including Account Files, Master binders for RFP’s etc.
– Operate a variety of electronic and manual office resources, including but not limited to laser printers, multi-function copy machines, fax machines, paging system, a bindery machine.
– In the absence of Sales Management, assist clients and seek out solutions to requests in a friendly, caring and helpful manner.
– Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
– Follow hotel safety policies and procedures.
– Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English Language.
– Able to handle a large volume of telephone calls in an efficient and courteous manner.
– Adept on property PMS and database systems.
– Must have strong computer skills in Word and Excel.
– Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
– Must possess strong phone/verbal and written communication skills.
– Thorough knowledge of the hotels layout, rate structure, meeting space, group capacities and capabilities.
– Must be customer focused, self-motivated, approachable, and able to work with different departments.
– Must possess a high level of creativity, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
– Long hours sometimes required.
– Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
– Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Minimum of two years sales administration and/or customer service experience. Must have strong administrative office skills
– Food and Beverage knowledge a plus.
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 18 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools.
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org