Security - Freehand Los Angeles
We need an exceptional and passionate Security professional to join our Security team. If you are motivated, organised, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a hotel and hostel accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome security professional at the Freehand Los Angeles.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
ABOUT FREEHAND LOS ANGELES
Housed in the historic Commercial Exchange building, our hotel in downtown Los Angeles is truly one-of-a-kind, featuring suites, premium hotel rooms and shared accommodations with interiors designed by Roman & Williams. The property is a new and exciting presence in the downtown LA scene, offering the classic Freehand accommodation experience for guests, while also fully integrating into the local community with a calendar full of events and activations at the Broken Shaker rooftop bar and pool, Rudolph’s Bar & Tea bar, The Exchange Restaurant, and Cafe Integral. Situated in walking distance to local restaurants, bars, markets and hotspots, Freehand Los Angeles has a real buzz that makes it a pleasure to stay (and work) at.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Report to the Security Manager/Supervisor
– Ensure to maintain an image that is professional at all times and take an objective view of any breaches that occur within the Generator premises that involves staff and guests
– Respond to all emergency calls as indicated on the radio and take necessary action
– Conduct patrols of public areas, work areas, guest floor and outside areas, taking particular note of any security violations and safety hazards
– Ensuring that all findings are recorded, and action taken as outlined in our company policies and procedures
– Investigate all guest/staff accidents and ensure that the accident/incident reports are completed correctly and communicated to the relevant members of the management team
– To comply with your responsibilities in relation to Fire, Health and Safety Procedures
– Ensure that all guests that enter the bar are over the age of 18, keeping in line with the policy on the responsible serving of alcohol
– Correctly administer the End of Day procedures every shift with 100% accuracy and consistency
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Ability to work quickly in a high-pressure & fast paced environment
– Solutions oriented
– Like getting your hands dirty, wherever, whenever, because you will
– Be an excellent communicator
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
– Experience working within the hospitality/service industry
– Appropriate experience gained in all main tasks
– Hold a valid license for both Static Guard and Door Supervisor
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 17 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 yearly holidays plus one additional birthday holiday
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 6 sick days/personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (minor employee contribution)
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com