Senior Sales Manager - Freehand New York
A very unique & challenging opportunity has become available for an experienced Sales professional to join our hotel team. We are looking for a result driven, passionate individual who has the drive, determination and hunger to seek out and win new business whilst raising the profile of the Freehand brand in New York. If you have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience & be a part of ground-breaking, lifestyle & hospitality brands.
WHO ARE WE
The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels in 2019. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Freehand & Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every hotel in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
– Manage a portfolio of accounts, maximising opportunities for all both properties
– Pro-actively seek out, take ownership and continually deliver new business opportunities across key market segments
– Build long term, commercially beneficial relationships within your market
– Understand, develop and follow company and sales specific practices
– Spend time with customers supporting their accommodation, F&B and event needs
– Represent the company at key industry events
– Report in a timely, consistent and professional manner on account and personal performance
– Collect, review, analyse market and revenue data in order to plan and execute strategic plans
– Plan, organise and manage a proactive and efficient business sales calendar
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
– Commercially savvy with a proven background to spot business opportunities
– A strong negotiator
– Organisational and prioritisation skills in order to meet strict reporting deadlines
– Strong team player with an enthusiasm to learn
– Good communication skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
– Hands-on attitude, with attention to detail
OUR GLOBAL BENEFITS
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to $1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double gross basic salary for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 18 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
LOCAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
– 8 holidays
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 5 sick days & 2 personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (subsidised contributions)
– Voluntary AD&D/Life
– Commuter Benefits
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check https://freehandhotels.com/ or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send resume to: email@example.com