If there’s something you should know about Miami, it’s that we take the beach very seriously. Heading to Miami without paying a visit to the beach? Literally unheard of.
One of the best areas to head for in this city is Miami’s Mid Beach. Situated between the hustle and bustle of South Beach and the serene natural beauty of North Beach, this diverse neighborhood between 24th and 60th streets is the perfect area to experience the best of the city’s vibrant culture and laid-back lifestyle.
Things to do in Miami’s Mid Beach
Here are just a few of the best things to see and do in this awesome area: .
- Soak up the sun on the beaches: With its clear blue waters, white sandy shores and year-round sunshine, this neighborhood’s beaches are the perfect place to relax and unwind. Whether you’re looking to swim, surf, or just soak up the rays, you’ll find everything you need for a perfect day at the beach.
- Get active: Whether you love keeping active or just fancy trying something new, there’s tonnes of activities to choose from in Mid Beach.
+ Beach volleyball: Beach volleyball courts are available at various locations on the beach and are open to anyone.
+ Jet Skiing: Jet skiing is also a popular activity around this area so if you’re into experiencing the thrill of riding the waves, there aren’t many areas better than this. If you’re looking for a place to hire a jetski, AquaJet Miami offers both rentals and tours. They are located just off the beach on 20th street and offer a variety of packages to suit every budget, interest and ability.
+ Cycling: Mid Beach’s scenic boardwalk is the perfect place to take a leisurely bike ride or stroll. With stunning views of the ocean and the city skyline, it’s a great way to explore the neighborhood.
+ Padel: Another popular activity in Mid Beach is playing Padel, a racquet sport that combines elements of tennis and squash. Padel courts are located on the beach and open to all.
- Shop til you drop: Mid Beach is a shopper’s paradise, with a variety of high-end boutiques and trendy stores to choose from. The pedestrian-friendly shopping district on Collins Avenue offers a range of shops selling everything from designer clothing and jewelry to unique gifts and souvenirs. For those looking for a more authentic shopping experience, the local markets in Mid Beach offer a range of handmade crafts, jewelry, and other artisanal goods.
- Immerse yourself in art and culture: Mid Beach is home to a number of world-class art museums and cultural institutions, including the Bass Museum of Art and the Miami Beach Convention Center. From contemporary art to historical exhibits, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant cultural hub. The Art Deco District is also seriously not one to be missed.
- Relax and rejuvenate at a luxury spa: Miami is known for its world-class spas, and Mid Beach is no exception. Whether you’re looking for a rejuvenating facial, a relaxing massage, or a full day of pampering, you’ll find a range of luxurious spas and wellness centers to choose from in Mid Beach.
- Experience the lively nightlife: From rooftop bars to exclusive nightclubs, Mid Beach offers some of the best nightlife in Miami. Whether you’re looking to dance the night away or enjoy a quiet cocktail with friends, you’ll find everything you need to make your night out one to remember. Drop by Broken Shaker at Freehand Miami for good vibes and great cocktails.
How to get to Miami’s Mid Beach from Freehand Miami?
If you’re staying at Freehand Miami and want to head to Mid Beach, here’s how you can get there:
Walk: Mid Beach is a 16 minute stroll from Freehand Miami.
Taxi: Mid Beach is a 4 minute taxi ride from Freehand Miami.
Bus: Catch the 150 bus [EXP to airport station] from Collins Av & 27 St stop and get off at Collins Av & 43 St. It takes approximately 10 minutes.