Our Commitment To Privacy
notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing Personal Information
supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them. This website is not intended for
children and we do not knowingly collect, solicit or sell data relating to children.
1. The Personal Information we collect about you
2. How we obtain your Personal Information and Other Data
3. How we use your Personal Information and Other Data
4. Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Data
5. How we keep your Personal Information secure
6. How long we retain your Personal Information for
7. Personal Information
8. Special Information for California Consumers
THIRD PARTY SITES AND LINKS
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links
or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not
control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their processing of your Personal
Information. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
“Personal Information” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. Freehand collects the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- • Personal identifiers
- • Categories of personal information related to California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80);
- • Commercial information;
- • Audio, electronic and visual information;
- • Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- • Geolocation Data; and
- • Protected classification information.
Freehand also collects the following specific types of Personal Information, when providing you with our products and services:
- • Name
- • Gender
- • Postal address
- • Telephone number
- • Email address
- • Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- • Financial Information in limited circumstances such as residential services
- • Language preference
- • Date and place of birth
- • Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data
- • Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions
- • Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
- • Prior guest stays, or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests
- • Geolocation information
- • Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available
- • We will also collect the following types of Personal Information for the following purposes: Images and video and audio data via security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our properties
- • Guest preferences and personalized data such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services and amenities of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit.
HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is collected in a variety of ways:
- • Online Services. Personal Information is collected through online services either directly or through an affiliate booking website.
- • Reservation Process
- • Check out process for electronic folio receipts
- • Purchase goods or services through the website or ecommerce website
- • Communication via email
- • Connect or post to social media related to the properties
- • Participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer
- • Property Visits. Personal Information is collected when guests visit our properties or use on-property services and outlets.
- • Restaurants
- • Concierge services
- • Health clubs
- • Spas
- • Offline Interactions. Personal Information is collected when individuals attend promotional events that we host or in which we participate, or when you provide your Personal Information to facilitate an event.
- • Reservations and Customer Service Centers. Personal Information is collected when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax or contact customer service.
- • These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- • Other Sources. Personal Information is also collected from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, data analytics vendors and other third parties.
- • Internet-Connected Devices. Personal Details collected from internet-connected devices available in our properties. For example, a smart assistant device may be available for your use and to tailor your accommodations and experience.
“Other Data” are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relate to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Information. Other Data include:
- • Browser and device data
- • App usage data
- • Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- • Demographic data and other data provided by you
- • Aggregated data
WE COLLECT OTHER DATA IN A VARIETY OF WAYS
Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services and to recognize. See theCookie list
your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a text file that contains small amounts of data downloaded to your device when you visit a
web site. A cookie is sent back to the web site on each subsequent visit or to another web site that
recognizes that cookie. Cookies enable a website to recognize your computer, mobile, or other device.
As with most other websites, we place cookies on your device to understand more about your visit and
help us enhance your experience. You can find more information about cookies at:
COOKIES ON THIS SITE
- • Remember your user name and password for future visits so that log-in is easier and faster;
- • Remember your language and other preferences;
- • Ensure you obtain all requested information;
- • Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- • Measure how many people use the Site, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently; and
- • Help us and others deliver communications and content to you that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
There are four different categories of cookies used on our Sites: (1) cookies that are strictly necessary;
(2) cookies that record functionality requests; (3) cookies that assist with the performance of our Sites;
and (4) advertising cookies. Each purpose is outlined below.
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are required to allow you to navigate a Site and utilize its various features, such as
accessing secure areas of the Site. Services that you have requested, such as making a hotel reservation
online, could not be provided without these cookies. These cookies do not collect information that could
be used for advertising purposes.
These cookies allow a Site to collect information about your choices, such as your region or preferred
language. This allows the Site to personalize content for you. These cookies can also be used to store
login information and to remember the changes you have made to the font, text size, and other
customizable features on the Site. Although the information collected by these cookies does not personally identify you, these cookies may be able to identify you when combined with other data
because they track certain ISP information for your settings. They do not gather information about you
that could be used for advertising or tracking where you have been on the Internet.
These cookies gather information about how you use this Site in order to ensure efficient operation of
the Site’s functions. For example, they may collect information regarding whether you encountered
problems or errors from one of the pages or which pages you visit most often. These cookies do not
directly collect information that personally identifies you. When you provide information that identifies
yourself, we may use these cookies to provide relevant information on the Site based on your activities
and information that you have provided on the Site.
These cookies collect information regarding your browsing habits. They are usually placed by third party
advertising networks such as those owned by Google, Facebook or other third parties. They remember
when you visit this Site and share this information with other organizations, including advertisers. They
do this in order to tailor online advertisements to you or your interests. Although these cookies can
track your visits to sites on the Internet, the cookies themselves do not usually personally identify you.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
You can restrict or block cookies that are set by the Site (or any other site on the Internet) by adjusting
your browser settings or you can clickhere
You may visit
www.allaboutcookies.org to obtain more information regarding cookies and how to adjust
the cookie settings on various browsers. This site explains how to delete cookies from your computer.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may restrict the functionality of the Site.
Pixel Tags and other similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons
and clear GIFs), which are used with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of
users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing
campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services.
Your IP Address. We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer
that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged
automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the
visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server
problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your
Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we have collected, and this aggregated data will not
personally identify you or any other user.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information and Other Data to provide you with Services, to develop new offerings and
to protect Freehand and our guests as detailed below. In some instances, we will request that you
provide Personal Information or Other Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we
request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested Services.
We will let you know if this is ever the case. We use Personal Information and Other Data for the
following business purposes:
Purpose/activity: To facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations or
pre-arrival messages, to assist you with meetings and events and to provide you with other information
about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to visit.
Purpose/activity: To support our electronic receipt program. When you provide an email address in
making a reservation, we use that email address to send you a copy of your bill. If you make a
reservation for another person using your email address, that person's bill will be emailed to you, as
Purpose/activity: Personalize the Services according to your Personal Preferences. We use Personal
Information and Other Data to personalize the Services and improve your experiences, including when
you contact our reservations center, visit one of our properties or use the Online Services, to customize
your experience according to your Personal Preferences and present offers tailored to your Personal
Purpose/activity: Communicate with you about goods and services according to your Personal
Preferences. We use Personal Information and Other Data to send you marketing communications and
promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance
Purpose/activity: Sweepstakes, activities, events and promotions. We use Personal Information and
Other Data to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and to administer
these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules and may contain additional information
about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules
Purpose/activity: We use Personal Information and Other Data for data analysis, audits, security and
fraud monitoring and prevention (including with the use of closed circuit television, card keys, and other
Purpose/activity: We use Personal Information and Other Data for developing new goods and services,
enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness
of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Purpose/activity: We use credit card data or other payment data for invoicing purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of hospitality and services, and to do so, we share the
following categories of Personal Information:
- Personal Identifiers;
- Categories of personal information related to California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ.
- Code § 1798.80);
- Commercial information;
- Audio, electronic and visual information;
- Geolocation Data; and
- Protected classifications of personal information.
The business purposes for which we disclose these categories of personal information and the third
parties with whom we share it are described in detail below.
Owners and Franchisees. We disclose Personal Information and Other Data to Owners of Freehand
branded properties and other companies in the Freehand and Generator brand of companies for the
purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and offering products and services to
Strategic Business Partners. We disclose Personal Information and Other Data with select Strategic
Business Partners who provide goods, services and offers that enhance your experience at our
properties or that we believe will be of interest to you. By sharing data with these Strategic Business
Partners, we are able to make personalized services and unique travel experiences available to you. For
example, this sharing enables restaurant, health club, concierge and other outlets at our properties to
provide you with services. This sharing also enables us to provide you with a single source for purchasing
packages that include travel-related services, such as airline tickets, rental cars and vacation packages.
Service Providers. We disclose Personal Information and Other Data to third-party affiliates, vendors and
service providers for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and to support Freehand’s
operations. Examples of service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis,
payment processing, order fulfillment, billing, information technology and related infrastructure
provision, customer service, email delivery, marketing, auditing and other services.
Corporate Reorganization. We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information and Other Data to a
third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transferor other
disposition of all or any portion of the Freehand business, assets or stock (including any bankruptcy or
Guest Employers. We may disclose your Personal Information to the employers of guests who used a
corporate credit card for purchases.
Event Organizers. We may disclose your Personal Information to any event organizers participating in
planning events with Freehand.
Governmental Authorities and Professional Advisors. We may disclose your Personal Information to
legal and regulatory authorities, our professional advisors (such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, ect.),
or law enforcement to support Freehand’s operations and comply with legal and contractual obligations.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
We will use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to
comply with applicable law and contractual obligations, including laws outside your country of
residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government
authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law
enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to
protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Freehand, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue
available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may use and disclose Other Data for
any purpose, except where we are not allowed to under applicable law. In some instances, we may
combine Other Data with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your location). If we
do, we will treat the combined data as Personal Information for so long as it is combined.
We do not sell, and in the past 12 months have not sold, your personal information.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal
Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100%
secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if
you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in
accordance with the “Contacting Us” section on the website.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected
it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount,
nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or
disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information
and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be
associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information
indefinitely without further notice to you. For further information on how long we retain your Personal
Information for, please contact George Super TopCo LLC.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us through one of the methods listed under the “How to contact us” section. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Consumer Rights
If you are a resident of California, the CCPA grants you the following specific rights regarding your
personal information. In order to exercise the rights, you must submit a verified consumer request. We
will deliver a response to you within 45 days of receiving the verifiable consumer request.
Right to Know
You have the right to submit a verifiable consumer request that we disclose the following to you in a
readily useable format covering the 12 month period preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources of the personal information we have collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose.
Verifiable consumer requests to know may be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Send us an email at
- firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “CCPA Request”; or
- Submit a consumer request at the front desk of any Freehand Hotel location.
A consumer may submit a request to know and receive a response twice within a 12 month period.
Right to Request Deletion
- You have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected
- from you. However, we are not required to comply with a request to delete, if it is necessary for
- us to retain the personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or
- service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our
- ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or
- prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights,
- or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public
- interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s
- deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you
- previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on
- your relationship with us.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in
- which you provided it.
Verifiable consumer requests to delete may be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Send us an email at
- email@example.com entitled “CCPA Request”; or
- Submit a consumer request at the front desk of any Freehand Hotel location.
Right to Non Discrimination
You have the right to be free from discrimination when you exercise your consumer rights under the
CCPA, including by:
- • Denying you goods or services.
- • Charging you a different price or rate for goods or services, including through granting discounts
- or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- • Providing you a different level of quality of goods or services.
- • Suggesting that you may receive a different rate for goods or services or a difference level or
- quality of goods or services.
We may, however, offer you financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of your personal
information. We may also offer you a different price, rate, level or quality of goods or services if that
difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your data.
HOW TO CONTACT US OR MAKE COMPLAINTS
contact George Super TopCo LLC Our full contact details are:
George Super TopCo LLC
c/o Generator Chicago
19 East Ohio St., Chicago, IL 60611
Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your
Personal Information changes during your relationship with us.