FIRST TIME TO FREEHAND CHICAGO?
First time to Freehand Chicago? Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions below and if you’ve got any more, tweet at @freehandhotels and we’ll be happy to help you out!
- When can I check-in?
You can check-in from 3:00pm CST.
- How late can I check-in?
Latest check-in is at 2:00am CST.
- When do I need to check-out?
Check out is at 12:00pm CST.
- Do you hold luggage after check out?
Yes, we can hold it until 11:00pm on the day you check-out.
- Do you charge for packages?
The first package is complimentary. There is a $5 fee for each additional package.
- How old must I be to reserve a room at Freehand Chicago?
Guests must be at least 18 years of age to book a room. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and booked in a private room.
- Where is Freehand Chicago located?
We’re located in the heart of River North at 19 East Ohio St., Chicago, IL 60611
- How close are you to Downtown/The Hancock Building/Millenium Park/Willis tower/Navy Pier?
We are walking distance to all locations; we’re just 3 blocks from the Magnificent Mile.
- How do I get to Freehand Chicago from the airport?
Public Transit ($) If you’re flying into O’Hare, take the Blue line train into the city 19 stops to Jackson. Transfer to the Red line towards Howard at Jackson and take it 3 stops to Grand. Head north on N. State toward W. Ohio and turn right onto E. Ohio, we’re located just down the street on the right. The fare is $5. If you’re flying into Midway, take the Orange line towards Loop 7 stops to Roosevelt. Transfer to the Red Line towards Howard. Take it 5 stops to Grand. Head north on N. State toward W. Ohio and turn right onto E. Ohio, we’re located just down the street on the right. The fare is $2.25.
Go Airport Express ($$) Go Airport Express offers daily, door-to-door service to/from O’Hare and Midway. They begin operations during the early morning hours and depart approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from each terminal. The average fare is $32. To contact Go Airport Express, call 1-888-284-3826 or visit their website.
Taxi ($$$) There are Taxi Stands at the lower-level curb front (outside of baggage claim) at each terminal. Fares are based on traffic conditions, but an average fare from O’Hare or Midway to downtown Chicago is $35-45.
- How far are you from Union Station (Amtrak)/Grand Stop on the Red Line/Greyhound station?
Union Station: Union Station is approximately 2 miles away. We are a 10 minute taxi ride or take the 151 bus North to Michigan and Ohio.
Grand Stop on the Red Line (CTA): The closest CTA subway stop is 2 blocks from the hotel. When you exit the stop, head north on N. State toward W. Ohio and turn right onto E. Ohio, we’re located just down the street on the right.
Greyhound Station: We are about a 15 minute taxi ride away; the station is approximately 2 miles away from Freehand.
- Does Freehand Chicago provide parking?
Yes! We have self-parking is available at Grand Plaza. The garage is located just half a block away, about a 1 minute walk from the hotel, and is located above the Bed Bath and Beyond and Jewel Grocery Store. Grand Plaza vehicle ramps are at located on Ohio Street (21 West Ohio) and Grand Avenue (18 West Grand). The garage pedestrian access is at 540 N. State St.
The fee to park is $39 per night per vehicle and includes in and out privileges. You will need to get a parking validation pass from our front desk before you can exit the garage. We recommend checking in at our front desk prior to parking to receive your validation pass. If you park at Grand Plaza prior to checking in, make sure to the front desk know you parked so we can get you the validation pass!
- Does Freehand Chicago serve breakfast?
Breakfast is available for purchase in the lobby at Café Integral.
- Does Freehand Chicago provide lockers?
Each quad bunk has a locker paired with it. We recommend bringing your own lock, however if you forgot one, padlocks will be available for sale at the front desk. Private rooms will have a safe.
- How much do you charge for Incidentals?
We require a guarantee of $50 for rooms, and $200 for the penthouse for the length of your stay. If you don’t charge anything to the room, the hold is released or deposit returned at check-out.
- What is it like in a shared room?
At check-in, you are assigned a bunk and a corresponding locker. There will be 3 other people sharing the room with you. The bathroom (one shower, one sink, one toilet) is located in the room. There is not a TV in the room, but there is one in our guest kitchen.
- I am a Chicago resident. Can I stay in a shared room?
Unfortunately, you will have to book a private room if you are a resident of Chicago.
- Does Freehand Chicago have WiFi?
Yes, and it’s always free. No password is needed, just pull up the login page on our website and enter your name and email address.
- What kind of activities/events are available at Freehand Chicago?
For info on the latest Freehand happenings check our activities calendar in the lobby, visit our website or check us out on Facebook. Also, feel free to stop by the front desk to learn more about what’s going on at Freehand Chicago.
- What is the cancellation policy?
We understand that your plans may change, not to worry! Most reservations can be canceled up to 3:00pm CST the day prior to your arrival.
- What areas of the hotel are accessible?
- Public entrance
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the restaurant
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the fitness center
- Registration desk
- Concierge desk
- Public restrooms
- Fitness center
Additional accessibility information:
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
- Hotel provides assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
- Service animals are welcome
- Braille and tactile signage is provided for permanent rooms and spaces
- Hotel employees will read menus and other printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision
If you have any special requests relating to your disability or need additional information about the hotel, please contact 312.940.3699.