FIRST TIME TO FREEHAND LOS ANGELES?
First time to Freehand Los Angeles? Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions below and if you’ve got any more, tweet at @freehandhotels and we’ll be happy to help you out!
- Where is Freehand Los Angeles located?
We’re located on the corner of 8th and Olive St. at 416 W. 8th St., Los Angeles, CA 90014
- How close are you to popular landmarks?
- L.A. Live: 0.5 miles
- Microsoft Theater: 0.6 miles
- Staples Center: 0.6 miles
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles: 0.8 miles
- Union Station: 1.5 miles
- Dodger Stadium: 2.2 miles
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles: 2.7 miles
- L.A. Memorial Coliseum: 2.8 miles
- When can I check-in?
You can check-in from 3:00pm PST. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to accommodate late arrivals. No need to rush!
- When do I need to check-out?
Check out is at 12:00pm PST.
- How old must I be to reserve a room at Freehand Los Angeles?
Guests must be at least 18 years of age to book a room. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and booked in a private room.
- How do I get to the Freehand Los Angeles?
Public Transit ($)
You can get to and from LAX via the flyaway bus. This runs every half hour during the peak times of the day and every hour during the slower times (i.e. overnight). The bus picks-up and drops-off at Union Station and is $9 each way. To get to/from Union Station to the Hotel, use the 7th St. Metro Center Station and take a short walk to the hotel. The shuttle picks up outside each terminal at LAX.
A Taxi or Uber ride will cost an average of $40 – $70, give or take a few depending on time of day.
- Does Freehand Los Angeles serve breakfast?
You’re welcome to visit Café Integral inside our lobby for coffee, pastries and snacks or dine at our restaurant, The Exchange for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Is there parking available at Freehand Los Angeles?
We have valet available for $49.50/night with in & out privileges.
- What is it like in a Shared Room?
At check-in, you are assigned a bunk and a corresponding locker. There may be up to 7 other people sharing the room with you dependent on the room category. The bathroom (one shower, one sink, one toilet) is located within the room.
- Does Freehand Los Angeles provide lockers?
Each bunk has a locker paired with it. We recommend bringing your own lock, however if you forgot one, padlocks will be available for sale at the front desk. Private rooms will have a safe.
- Does Freehand Los Angeles have Wi-Fi?
Yes! No password is needed, just pull up the login page on our website and enter your name and email address.
- What is the cancellation policy?
All individual bookings between 16th March and 30th April into all Generator properties are now subject to a flexible booking clause whereby rooms can be changed at any time before 30th of December 2020.
Nonrefundable rates are now able to rebook at any time before 30th December 2020.Guests should contact the respective properties directly to arrange.
For group bookings, we ask organisers to either contact our Reservations Centre or to speak to their respective sales account managers.
- What kind of activities/events are available at Freehand Los Angeles?
For info on the latest Freehand happenings visit our calendar page or check us out on Facebook. Also, feel free to stop by the front desk to learn more about what’s going on at Freehand Los Angeles.
- Are pets welcomed at the Freehand Los Angeles?
Yes, we welcome dogs 75 lbs or less at the hotel for a one time fee of $50 per stay.
Please visit our Front Desk for all dog parks and pet friendly restaurants within walking distance.
- Long term stays - 30 nights or longer
If you would like to stay 30 nights or longer, please contact us directly at:
- What areas of the hotel are accessible?