FIRST TIME TO FREEHAND LOS ANGELES?
First time to Freehand Los Angeles? Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions below and if you’ve got any more, tweet at @freehandhotels and we’ll be happy to help you out!
- Where is Freehand Los Angeles located?
We’re located on the corner of 8th and Olive St. at 416 W. 8th St., Los Angeles, CA 90014
- How close are you to popular landmarks?
- L.A. Live: 0.5 miles
- Microsoft Theater: 0.6 miles
- Staples Center: 0.6 miles
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles: 0.8 miles
- Union Station: 1.5 miles
- Dodger Stadium: 2.2 miles
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles: 2.7 miles
- L.A. Memorial Coliseum: 2.8 miles
- When can I check-in?
You can check-in from 3:00pm PST. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to accommodate late arrivals. No need to rush!
- When do I need to check-out?
Check out is at 12:00pm PST.
- How old must I be to reserve a room at Freehand Los Angeles?
Guests must be at least 18 years of age to book a room. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and booked in a private room.
- How do I get to the Freehand Los Angeles?
Public Transit ($)
You can get to and from LAX via the flyaway bus. This runs every half hour during the peak times of the day and every hour during the slower times (i.e. overnight). The bus picks-up and drops-off at Union Station and is $9 each way. To get to/from Union Station to the Hotel, use the 7th St. Metro Center Station and take a short walk to the hotel. The shuttle picks up outside each terminal at LAX.
A Taxi or Uber ride will cost an average of $40 – $70, give or take a few depending on time of day.
- Does Freehand Los Angeles serve breakfast?
You’re welcome to visit Café Integral inside our lobby for coffee, pastries and snacks or dine at our restaurant, The Exchange for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Is there parking available at Freehand Los Angeles?
We have valet available for $49.50/night with in & out privileges. Look for the pink umbrella on Olive Street! We’ve temporarily relocated around the corner due to construction on 8th Street to 808 S. Olive St, Los Angeles, CA, 90014.
- What is it like in a Shared Room?
At check-in, you are assigned a bunk and a corresponding locker. There may be up to 7 other people sharing the room with you dependent on the room category. The bathroom (one shower, one sink, one toilet) is located within the room.
- Does Freehand Los Angeles provide lockers?
Each bunk has a locker paired with it. We recommend bringing your own lock, however if you forgot one, padlocks will be available for sale at the front desk. Private rooms will have a safe.
- Does Freehand Los Angeles have Wi-Fi?
Yes! No password is needed, just pull up the login page on our website and enter your name and email address.
- What is the cancellation policy?
We understand that your plans may change, not to worry! You can cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to your arrival by 12:00pm PST. Visit us here to modify or cancel your reservation.
- What kind of activities/events are available at Freehand Los Angeles?
For info on the latest Freehand happenings visit our website or check us out on Facebook. Also, feel free to stop by the front desk to learn more about what’s going on at Freehand Los Angeles.
- Are pets welcomed at the Freehand Los Angeles?
Yes, we welcome all pets at a rate of $50 (non-refundable) for your entire stay with us. Please visit our Front Desk for all dog parks and pet friendly restaurants within walking distance.
- What areas of the hotel are accessible?
- Public entrance
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the restaurant
- Route from hotel’s accessible public entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Route from hotel’s accessible public entrance to fitness center
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the swimming pool
- Public restrooms
- Registration desk
- Fitness center
- Swimming pool
Additional accessibility information:
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
- Hotel’s valet parking accepts vehicles specially outfitted for wheelchair users
- Accessible guest transportation with advance notice
- Hotel has a TTY for guest use
- Hotel provides assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
- Service animals are welcome
- Braille and tactile signage is provided for permanent rooms and spaces
- Hotel employees will read menus and other printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision
If you have any special requests relating to your disability or need additional information about the hotel, please contact 213.612.0021.