FIRST TIME TO FREEHAND NEW YORK?
Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions below and if you’ve got any more, hit us up on Twitter or Insta at @freehandhotels or send us a message on Facebook and we’ll be happy to help you out!
- Where is Freehand New York located?
We’re located at 23 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10010 at 23rd Street in the beautiful Flatiron District.
- How close are you to popular landmarks?
- The Gramercy Theatre: 285 feet
Madison Square Park: 0.3 Miles
Flatiron Building: 0.4 Miles
Union Square: 0.6 Miles
The Empire State Building: 1.0 Mile
Madison Square Garden: 1.0 Mile
Public Theater: 1.0 Mile
New Museum: 1.4 Miles
The High Line: 1.5 Miles
Whitney Museum of American Art: 1.7 Miles
Museum of Modern Art: 2.1 Miles
Central Park: 2.2 Miles
American Museum of Natural History: 5.0 Miles
The Metropolitan Museum of Art: 5.9 Miles
- The Gramercy Theatre: 285 feet
- When can I check-in?
You can check-in after 3:00pm EST. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to accommodate late arrivals. No need to rush!
- Can I check-in early?
We can’t guarantee check-in until after 3:00pm EST, but if your room is ready, we’ll gladly give you the key!
- Can I check my bags?
Absolutely! We’ll hold onto your bags if you arrive early and need to drop them off. Likewise, we’ll hang onto them after you check out until you’re ready to part ways with us.
- When do I need to check-out?
Check out is at 12:00pm EST.
- How old must I be to reserve a room at Freehand New York?
Guests must be at least 18 years of age to book a room. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and booked in a private room.
- How do I get to Freehand New York?
Public Transit ($)
LaGuardia Airport: You can get to and from LGA via the R Train. This runs every 20 minutes during all times of the day. The subway picks-up and drops-off at the 23 street station and is $2.75 each way. To get to/from 23rd street station to the Hotel, walk outside the hotel and walk down Lexington ave. Take a right onto 23rd street and walk down to Broadway.
John F Kennedy Airport: You can get to and from JFK easiest via the AirTrain and Long Island Railroad via Penn Station. LIRR trains run approximately every 10 minutes to/from Jamaica Station where you can take the AirTrain that will pick you up/drop you off at every terminal at JFK. Penn Station is located at 31st Street and 7th Avenue and just a short taxi ride from Freehand.
Newark Liberty Airport: You can get to and from EWR easiest via New Jersey Transit at Penn Station. New Jersey Transit trains passing through Newark Liberty Airport depart approximately every 10 minutes and you can then take an AirTrain to every terminal at Newark Liberty Airport. Penn Station is located at 31st Street and 7th Avenue and just a short taxi ride from Freehand.
A Taxi or Rideshare ride will cost an average of $45 to/from LGA, $65 to/from JFK, and $75 to/from Newark, give or take a few depending on time of day.
- Is there parking available at Freehand New York?
There are parking garages nearby on 24th Street and 3rd Avenue as well as street parking where available.
We do not have Valet or onsite parking.
- We’d like a bite and a drink! When do the restaurants and bars open?
All our bars and restaurants are open and ready for you! We have Studio, George Washington Bar, Simon and The Whale, Broken Shaker, and Smile To Go.
Check out the Eat & Drink page for more info.
- Does Freehand New York serve breakfast?
Yes, we offer breakfast at Simon & The Whale, Studio and Smile To Go. We often have breakfast specials, so check out our Special Offers page to see what’s available!
- Are there Laundry Facilities?
Not at this time, but we do have send out laundry service!
- Is there AC/Heat in rooms?
Absolutely! You need that heat in the winter and cool in the summer. Each room has individual climate control.
- Do Artist Rooms have a bathroom?
They sure do! Every guest room at Freehand NY has a private bathroom.
- I want to work out – what equipment do you have in the Fitness Center?
We have a range of free weights, cardio machines, a cable machine and Peloton bikes, so you should be able to work out all those muscles!
- Does Freehand New York have WiFi?
Yes! We provide high speed WiFi for guests.
- What kind of activities/events are available at Freehand New York?
For info on the latest Freehand happenings visit our website or check us out on Facebook. Also, feel free to stop by the front desk to learn more about what’s going on at Freehand New York and look out for flyer postings inside our elevators!
- Do you do social collaborations and partnerships?
We do when possible – please email email@example.com and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Are pets welcomed at the Freehand New York?
Yes, we welcome all pets at a rate of $50 (non-refundable) for your entire stay with us. Forgot to pack a food bowl and/or bed for your furry friend? Not to worry, we have them! Visit our Front Desk for nearby dog parks and pet friendly restaurants within walking distance.
- What is the facility fee?
The facility fee allows our guests access to everything Freehand NY has to offer, including high speed WiFi, complimentary triple filtered water, 24 hour fitness center access, SMART T.V connectivity, in-room red delicious apples, preferred access to programming and activities, and rooftop priority – Broken Shaker!
- What is the cancellation policy?
All individual bookings between 16th March and 30th April into all Generator properties are now subject to a flexible booking clause whereby rooms can be changed at any time before 30th of December 2020.
Nonrefundable rates are now able to rebook at any time before 30th December 2020.Guests should contact the respective properties directly to arrange.
For group bookings, we ask organisers to either contact our Reservations Centre or to speak to their respective sales account managers.
- What areas of the hotel are accessible?
- Public entrance
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the restaurant
- Route from hotel’s accessible public entrance to fitness center
- Public restrooms
- Fitness center
The following areas may not be fully accessible (please call the hotel for more information)
- Registration desk
- Concierge desk
Additional accessibility information:
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
- Accessible guest transportation
- Hotel has a TTY for guest use
- Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
- Service animals are welcome
- Braille and tactile signage is provided for permanent rooms and spaces
- Hotel employees will read menus and other printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision
If you have any special requests relating to your disability or need additional information about the hotel, please contact 212.475.1920.