First time to Freehand Miami?
Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions below and if you’ve got anymore tweet at @freehandmiami and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- When can I check-in?
You can check-in from 3:00pm EST. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to accommodate late arrivals. No need to rush!
- When do I need to check-out?
Check out is at 11:00am EST.
- How old must I be to reserve a room at Freehand Miami?
Guests must be at least 18 years of age to book a room. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and booked in a private room.
- Where is Freehand Miami located?
We’re located on the corner of 28th Street and Indian Creek Drive (parallel to Collins Ave) at 2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami Beach, FL, 33140
- How close is Freehand Miami to the beach?
Two (short) blocks! Beach towels are available at the front desk. A small deposit is required.
- How do I get to Freehand Miami from the airport?
Public Transit ($): If you’re flying into MIA, take the 150 Airport Flyer directly to Freehand Miami. They leave every 30 minutes, 7 days a week from 6am-11pm and will drop you off just half a block away on 28th and Indian Creek Drive. The fare is $2.35 and exact change is required.
If you’re flying into Fort Lauderdale (FLL), catch the Tri Rail to MIA (about 30 minutes) and then follow the directions above. Trains leave at least once per hour, seven days a week.
*For more info on public transit to South Beach/Ocean Drive, Wynwood, The Design District and Downtown, click here.
SuperShuttle (MIA)/Go Airport Shuttle (FLL) ($$): SuperShuttle to/from MIA typically costs about $20 each way, and may make a few stops to drop others off. Go Airport Shuttle to/from FLL usually costs between $20 and $25 each way.
Taxi ($$$): Expect to pay approximately $35 from MIA, and upwards of $75 from FLL.
- Does Freehand Miami provide parking?
There’s no private parking onsite, but street parking is available at $3/hr, 7 days a week from 9:00am – 3:00am. Street parking is free from 4:00am – 8:00am.
- Does Freehand Miami provide lockers?
Lockers are provided in bungalows, quads and super 8 room types. Locks can be purchased inside the Guest Kitchen at the vending machine for $5. Locker dimensions: 12” X 18” X 34”
- When does the pool open/close?
The pool at Freehand Miami is open from sunrise until sundown all year round. Pool towels are available at the front desk. A small deposit is required.
- Are there resort fees at Freehand Miami?
Yes, the resort fee is $25 for private rooms and $6 for shared beds. All guests receive a complimentary breakfast, high speed Wi-Fi, pool essentials, complimentary bike rentals, curated events and activities for guests.
- Does Freehand Miami have WiFi?
Yes, and it’s always free. No password is needed, just log in with your name and email address.
- What kind of activities/events are available at Freehand Miami?
For info on the latest Freehand happenings check our activities calendar in the lobby, visit our website or check us out on Facebook. Also, feel free to stop by the front desk to learn more about what’s going on at Freehand Miami.
- Is there a guest kitchen? Am I able to bring groceries?
Yes and yes! The guest kitchen is open from 7:00am – 10:00pm.
- What areas of the hotel are accessible?
- Public entrance
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the registration area
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the restaurant
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to the swimming pool
- Public restrooms
- Swimming pool
The following areas may not be fully accessible (call hotel for more information):
- Registration desk
Additional accessibility information:
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
- Hotel has a TTY for guest use
- Hotel provides assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
- Service animals are welcome
- Braille and tactile signage is provided for permanent rooms and spaces
- Hotel employees will read menus and other printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision
If you have any special requests relating to your disability or need additional information about the hotel, please contact us at 305.531.2727.